The biggest stumbling block everyone seems to have with the nutrition is cooking and running out of ideas.
So to help you all with your culinary skills and give you fresh healthy delicious choices, I will be posting a Reactive Training – Recipe of The Week.
Yes I was going to make a Reactive Cookbook with all the healthy recipes and ideas we have from all our members.
But it’s just taking so long to pull everything together I decided instead, ill send out a weekly recipe of the week and post to the blog.
You will be able to check all the recipes by visiting the blog posts and clicking on recipes.
The first ever Recipe Of The Week comes from… da da da the lovely Gillian Armstrong.
Smoked Ham and Lentil Soup
- 250G diced Carrot + 250G dices Swede (you can buy already chopped in Morrisons or any other supermarket)
- I grated Courgette
- 2 diced Onion
- 1 Chopped Leek
- 400G Lentils
- 200G smoked Gammon Joint (I buy a 400G joint half it and freeze the rest for later)
- 6 Ham Stock cubes
- 3 litres of water (or just enough to have 1 inch of water over the vegetables)
I have a very big pot and this will do 10-12 good sized portions but the recipe can be scaled down to suit your pot.
- Place everything into the pot and simmer for 1½ hours (stirring every 10 minutes to make sure it does not catch the bottom of the pan).
- Once cooked take out the 200g of smoked gammon, leave to cool, then shred and place back into your pot.
I am personally giving this one a go this week, looks amazing, thanks Gillian.
This would be ideal to put in your flask and use for lunch, or even a snack.
Stay tuned for some more healthy recipe ideas to add into your health Reactive Nutrition Plan
Robert “Chef” Clarkson